A couple weeks ago my best friend made these brownies and I fell in love! I mean these brownies are amazing! Immediately I asked my friend for the recipe and permission to share it on my blog. Unfortunately, I forgot to ask for instructions because I was distracted by a game of chess, but thankfully my improvisation worked. As the name suggests these brownies are super fudgy, super chewy, and have a perfect, crackly top! So here it is:
Chewy Fudgy Super Brownies
2 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1 cup butter
3 oz. unsweetened chocolate
1/2 cup cocoa
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups flour
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a square pan with baking paper so that paper is hanging over the edge.
- Fill a pot with water and set it to boil. Grab a metal or glass mixing bowl and place it on top. (Make sure the water doesn’t touch the bottom of the bowl.)
- Melt the butter in the bowl.
- Break up the chocolate and add it to the butter. Stir occasionally.
- When the chocolate has also melted, add the cocoa into the mixture and stir. Then turn the heat off and let it cool.
- In another bowl whisk together the eggs and sugar until they are a pale yellow color.
- When the chocolate has cooled enough (so as not to cook the eggs,) mix it into the eggs. Add in the salt.
- Next add in the flour combine well.
- Pour the batter in and bake for 37-45 minutes.
After you take the brownies out of the oven let them cool for 1.5-2 hours so they set. Lift them out of the pan with the paper wings, and cut up into squares. Buen Provecho!