Technically May is still spring, you know ‘April showers bring May flowers’ and all that. But where I live we skipped the showers part and went straight to summer heat. Of course pollen still insists on sticking around. (Giant Sneeze!)
Anyway I got my hands on a large batch of strawberries the other day, so with the intention of starting summer off right I made some popsicles. And to tell you the truth…they were scrumptious!
Smashing Strawberry Popsicles
- Wash the strawberries thoroughly with cold water and slice them up.
- Add brown sugar with the preferences of your sweet-tooth in mind. Don’t forget to add a pinch or two of salt to enhance the flavor.
- Mix up the strawberries and let them sit for an hour to get the juices out.
- Blend up the strawberries in a blender (also at this time add in as many bananas as you want.)
- Pour the resulting mixture into popsicle molds and freeze.
You can also use this mixture as pancake sauce by pouring into a jar and freezing. (Although I suggest using only strawberries. No bananas.) Then you just take it out whenever you’re ready to slather those pancakes. (Here’s a my post related to that breakfast food.) Buen Provecho!